Tuesday 8 September 2015

My Engagement Story


30th August 2015



We have just arrived back in the UK after an amazing holiday in Vancouver. As well as TidyBoy meeting all my friends I had the joy of watching the man I love fall in love with the city I love! Flying home yesterday was not so bad as we knew the next time we board a flight to Vancouver it would be with a one way ticket!

But, even that wasn't the height of our trip. What happened on the evening of 30th August was!

After attending the most gorgeously romantic wedding of two of the best people on this planet, and a dinner with my extended family (which saw TidyBoy become face-to-face with an Alaskan King Crab) we went for a walk along the waterfront. 

It was pouring with rain... and I mean pouring with rain. 
I took TidyBoy to the wrong waterfront (he wanted Coal Harbour and I took him to English Bay). 
Then...
At the Inukshuk TidyBoy asked me what it actually stood for and I am embarrassed to say I didn't know so I read him the plaque. 

Turning around I found TidyBoy down on one knee with a beautiful ring in his hands. 

"Cause I can't wait any longer for the perfect day and the perfect place. And I am sick of people telling me to do it and ruining the surprise. So I am doing it here and now. Hannah Ruth Hardy will you marry me"


It was the most romantic moment of my life. He made me the happiest girl in the world. 

TidyBoy is the other half of my soul and over the last three years he has captured my heart and I cannot wait to be his wife. 




No comments:

Post a Comment