Sunday 11 November 2012

The Book Review ~ The Casual Vacancy


Read: - 7th November 2012
Rating: - 4/5

The reading of JK Rowling’s new novel was looooooong! The story was really interesting, completely character driven with a really engrossing story line. I loved the interwoveness of it all. Every character interacted with every other character-- even if neither knew who the other was. 
I became invested in the characters. I affiliated with some and hated others. It was like the moment I picked up the book I was in Pagford. 
This book might not be Harry Potter but, JK Rowling does prove she can write a solid book. Its just this one you needed to chew quite a bit of background to really feel involved and plough through the 500 pages. 



1 comment:

  1. Great review! I've been looking at this book...hmm, maybe a good read over the holidays!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete