Sunday 16 June 2013

The (mini) Book Reviews 2-7


Read: 15th June 2013
Rating: 3/5

Not the horror story I was expecting. Mostly a story about death. Very strange story but it was pretty engaging. Really vivid character. I wanted more information on the Fanshawes though. 




Read: 3rd May 2013
Rating: 5/5

This was a reread for me but oh the JOY! Rape, Murder, Romance, Ghosts, Sins, Lust - what more can you want from a book. It is a horrific story but so well done. You can’t put it down. Loved it even more the second time around!



Read: 29th May 2013
Rating: 2/5

OK I don’t get what the fuss is about. Poe is clever and his stories are really vivid BUT I don’t love them, or hurry to read through them. There were only a handful I really enjoyed. It was a long read. 

     


Read: 21st May 2013
Rating: 5/5

I LOVE Wilkie Collins! He is dark, mysterious, twisted and really really heart-wrenching! The plot keeps you guessing till the end. I loved it so much! Why are not all novels written like this?



Read: 18th May 2013
Rating: 4/5

Completely different from the film but just as good. Writing is not brilliant but the voice, description and characters are truly haunting. Excellent! A real page-turner. 


Read: 12th May 2013
Rating: 3/5

Cute little book with interesting points, but its more on etiquette and manners than a budget book. Really has aged, but it is no less enjoyable. The ‘cases’ section are the most fun to read. Not as good as I expected. 




No comments:

Post a Comment