Wednesday 11 November 2015

The Book Review ~ Blood and Beauty


Rating: 5/5

I am going to put myself out there and say that Sarah Dunant is a better historical fiction writer than Hilary Mantel. So shoot me! She is much easier to read, her characters are more believable and her writing pulls you in and doesn't let you go. 

This novel follows the story of the Borgia's. I have read a lot and watched a lot about the Borgia's but I have never been so sympathetic towards them until this book. She really just grabs you by the throat and forces you to look at them in a whole new light. They are first and foremost a family and that is really what Dunant gets across. It is amazing!

Dunant takes the history and makes in tangible. But the characters which are so well known are suddenly given new life by Dunant's words and amazing storytelling ability. 

Just a fantastic read from start to finish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment