Monday 19 March 2012

The Book Review ~ Something Borrowed

Completed: - 18th March 2012

Rating: - 2/5


“Something Borrowed” by Emily Giffin


Once in a while I need a sorbet to clear my reading pallet.

For me it is chic lit that provides that cleansing! I read Griffin’s novel, “Love the One your With” a few months ago and I enjoyed it. She is not Sophie Kinsella, or Gemma Townley but she’s OK.

The reason I chose to read “Something Borrowed” was mainly the film. I saw it a few days ago and LOVED it!

(Probably because Ginnifer Goodwin is my ultimate!)

Anyway the book was a quick read but pretty uneventful.


I don’t think I have ever read a book and loved a film more, but that is the case here. The book was OK but I found it really hard to like Rachel which effects the whole story. The book makes her whiney and a little pathetic.

Also things that made the film so good were not in the book which was depressing. Although there were good bits this was a bit of a let down. However, the reading was easy and simple ~ good for a quick and entertaining read.

I still prefer Lauren Weisenberger, or Kathleen Tessaro.


No comments:

Post a Comment