Monday 13 February 2012

Emotional Clean-Up

What is it with this months magazines and their “Detox” articles. This months Flare has an article on emotional detox which immediately caught my eye. I always thought that the cleansing of the wardrobe and room was the best medicine for cleansing the brain but, I rather enjoyed reading Flare’s suggestions. I even want to try this myself and begin Emotionally Detoxing.


STEP ONE ~ POWER DOWN THE SCREEN

Tech time is apparently chewing up our comtemplative time. I know I am completely hooked on my iphone and laptop, facebook and twitter, TV and internet. Thearticle suggests reading or knitting or even talking with friends.


STEP TWO ~ RELEASE AND FORGIVE

I can instantly recall events that are still zooming around in the back of my head that I just cannot let go of. The friend who after nine years of friendship abandoned me because I made a mistake by posting a drunken photo of her on facebook for which I took down when I became sober and apologized profusely for weeks for. I am so angry and betrayed I still find it hard to let go and definetly cannot forgive... at the moment anyway. PLUS the High School teacher who in the middle of career class decided to humiliate me by telling me I was a born failure who was destined for nothing. SOOOOO... Gabrielle Bernstein suggests mentally servering all mental ties with the bad memories and moving on. I think this detox is one that is going to take a little longer than their suggested 7 days.


STEP THREE ~ MEDITATE

I love to light a candle, put on orca’s singing and lay down. Sometimes I read passages from my bible. That is my meditation but I have to admit that happens few and far between.... when I meditate I usually get into a ‘tizzy’ so I avoid thinking too much! Apparently though the more you practice the more those voices quiet and the easier it becomes to meditate. So I am willing to give it another go.


STEP FOUR ~ SHUT THAT MEAN GIRL THE HELL UP

Ignoring the inner voices are difficult especially as you are in a fluctuating weight situation. Therefore, apparently you need to talk back... hmmmm....


STEP FIVE ~ GET YOUR ASS OFF THE COUCH

For me NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! My couch is WAAAYYY too comfortable! hehehehehe!!


STEP SIX ~ EXPRESS GRATITUDE

I take the hint from Kate Spade-- Thank you Cards are the BEST THING EVER! Despite following the Queen Guru Kate Spade there is also a study that emphasises the positive effects of saying the “thank you” words. According to the “Harvard Mental Health Letter” that expressing gratitude resultings in positive emotions, greater satisfaction from good experiences, and improved health.

p.s. Chapters now sells Kate Spade stationary!!


STEP SIX ~ STOP OVER-THINKING

K I am a Virgo and so this is NOT going to happen but, for you readers Stop Thinking the Worst and Start Assuming the Best! This apparently is the ultimate key to a lighter living!


No comments:

Post a Comment