Friday 3 February 2012

The Posh Gurl Reinvention

When your 62 year old Mother tells you you are looking a little “frumpy” you take the cheque she is handing you and you go shopping!! That happened to me at the beginning of last month. I ended up spending January reinventing ThePoshGurl and it was a success!


The stops were few but it wasn’t the quantity but the quantity...

  1. Aritzia for a new parka designed by eco-friendly Community. It is a charcoal grey and puffy! I picked the smaller size so that it fits perfectly. My favourite part is the covers for the hands. It is super warm and amde from Hemp so eco-friendly.
  2. Banana Republic this is my biggest stop. I picked up a Martin Fit black pant for my evening outfit. They are form-fitting with large pockets on the butt! I also picked up a lot of orange and purple tops. I picked a casual orange striped sweater. For formal outfits an orange blouse, an orange tank top in silk with flowery fringe on the looped neck,
    the same tank in purple and a purple silk top with square neckline.
  3. Muse this is a small boutique at Morgan’s Crossing. She carries a mixture of high end products. I found myself a gorgeous baggy grey cardigan here by Theme with embrodered patterns and chunky collar. I also found a little gem here a gorgeous cocktail ring by Social Experiment by Georgia Heraty. Inspired by BC’s West Coast Heraty’s line have 22 gage gold plated tarnish resistant wire and semi-precious stones. I have worn it none stop!
  4. My fourth and final stop was to find myself and it was the HAIRDRESSER!! I decided to look closer to home and found the most amazing place Sin 7 Salon. Courtney did my hair dying it back to my usual colour ... RED and trimming away all the crap giving me back my side-sweep bangs. I am SOOOOOO HAPPY WITH IT! ThePoshGurl was back at that point.

So the reinvention has happened and now I am going to live in it....


As for not blogging very much I need to apologize. School is pretty tough this semester I am out of my comfort zone on two fronts so drowning in those BUT also it is application time for MFA’s so my portfolios are demanding a lot of time also...

I promise with February beginning I will do my best to blog more!


Love you all

p.s. we are almost at 20,000 hits!!


No comments:

Post a Comment