Saturday 15 December 2012

The Book Review ~ A Country Doctor's Notebook

Read: 14th December 2012
Rating: 5/5

I should probably start by telling you my translation was by Hugh Aplin. Now I can go on and tell you how much I loved this book. First off I have never read a book so fast (not since ‘The Hunger Game’ trilogy). Based on true stories the book is written in a fantastic conversational tone that just sucks you in. The stories of Russia and its medieval ‘wise woman’ medicine is so fascinating I could not put the book down. 

BAD SIDE: it was too short... OK I know that is pathetic to say but, I really felt it was too short. I wanted it to be two long novels on the Doctor’s notebook and the second focussing in on the Morphine addicted Doctor. 

Once again I am going to say I loved the book so much. The characters were spell-binding and the stories were so infective. I adored every word... truly!



No comments:

Post a Comment