Friday 21 December 2012

The Book Review ~ Doctor Copernicus


Read: 20th December 2012
Rating: 0/5

BOOOOORRRINNNNG! I have not disliked a book so much in... I don’t remember when. I practically skim read the whole thing (something I really hate to do) but,I physically could not cope with reading it word for word. I fell asleep in the book numerous times and that was reading it during the day! 

It was so drawn out and blah. The descriptions seemed like an attempt to copy Anne Radcliffe but failed in the sublimity of it.   There was so much writing to sift through to get to the actually heart of the story that by the time the reader gets to it you don’t really care what the story it! The middle section where the narration is taking over by Rheticus... I wanted to rip it out. The language and character was overly vulgar, it became unnecessary and embarrassing to read. It was also so twisted and not in a good way. You barely knew what was going on. It was ridiculous. 

The only character that was interesting and came alive off the page was Copernicus’ brother Andreas who dies at the beginning of the book! Other than that characters were flat and predictable. 

I hated this book. In my opinion a waste of the letters it uses. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh no! That's really too bad, hopefully you'll get some amazing new reads for Christmas.
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete