Wednesday 18 May 2011

Celebrity Style Guru: Candidate 3

Emma Watson has fast become a figure within the fashion world. Establishing herself as a close associate of Karl Lagerfeld, facing a Burberry campaign, creating organic clothing lines with People Tree and Alberta Ferretti, most recently becoming the face of Lancome.

“I try to dress age-appropriately, which isn’t actually that easy when obviously high-end clothing is designed for women who are older than I am,” Emma said. “It’s a fine line to tread between looking smart and looking ready to go on a red carpet but also looking like I’m 21. It’s quite difficult.”

Well I think she is doing a great job maintaining a classy look. Apparently so does Glamour magazine who have named her Fashion icon of 2011.

What is great about Emma is that she is not just a pretty face. She is smart, she knows her style, and she is down-to-earth. It is not like Vanessa Hudgens who never wears anything a normal person could wear on the street! Emma’s style is touchable. She emanates a level of elegance in what she wears.

Did you know Emma won a Elle Style Icon award last year! Born in Paris it only seems suitable that Emma is comfortable around fashion, and is not afraid to “flash” her style.

Emma says, “It feels amazing. Fashion is something that I love. I try not to think about it too much. I try and block all that off and I just do what I love and just have fun with it. I’ve definitely been feeling the pressure a bit more recently but it’s just fun for me.”

Emma is also daring. Not afraid to try new things... as she did when the final Harry Potter wrapped filming and she said goodbye to her locks!

“Oh my God, it was the most liberating thing! The stylist just grabbed the back of my hair and took a whole ponytail of hair out. It felt amazing. I love it ... I missed all that experimentation that most teenagers go through. I’ve wanted to do this since I was about 16, so as soon as I had the chance I was like, ‘Right. This is it.’”

Did you know that Emma was involved in the entire commercial shooting of the Lancome advertisement including the clothes!

“I was involved in the concept for the [ad] film and the tag line, ‘Catch my heart if you can.’ The hat [in the ad] was my hat, which I bought at a flea market in Paris. I was very involved in the script. It’s been really fun for me.”

I cannot say I am not jealous of Emma Watson... in fact I would probably give my left arm to be her!

‘”One day I’m filming, the next I’m off to college, the next day I’m home, then I’m designing clothes – there are no typical days for me,” she says.

Now... you are totally jealous too... right?!

When you want to fill up on more of Emma’s style and her latest gossip check out her official website: http://www.emmawatson.com/

Or try: http://dresslikeemma.net/

If you are really obsessed with her looks check out this one:

http://emmawatsonfashion.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment