Monday 2 May 2011

Style in the City ~ Monday 2nd May 2011

“It’s Raining, It’s Pouring, The Old Man is Snoring”

This is how it feels in Vancouver at the moment. Rain, rain, and more rain. So how do you dress up for the Vancouver weather?

The Main Accessories are:

THE UMBRELLA

The number one accessory of Vancouverites has to be the umbrella. Whether a curved edge to shelter the body, or the normal umbrella to simply shelter the face.

THE WATERPROOF HAT

I hate carrying an umbrella, personally. Especially when walking the dog, holding one and trying to scoop up dog crap too... impossible! I instead go for a walk with a hat on! Burberry has a gorgeous selection for the more... well endowed. Barber is my choice of hat. I love the waxy smell.


THE ANORAK

Probably the most important... and annoying accessory is the anorak. The anorak covers the outfit, but in this weather there is nothing to do but wear one. I am so happy to see anoraks appearing on the runway. It is a vision of realism! The practical in the realm of dreams that is the fashion show! I personally love my BCBG anorak. But it is starting to leak and now I don’t know what I will wear instead!


THE WELLY BOOT

The most well known rain accessory has to be the rubber boot. Most prominent in the fashion industry is the Hunter. I personally have some Juicy boots, but that’s because Hunter doesn’t make my size!! Boots are one thing that can accessories an outfit in the rain. Unlike an anorak or hat that can be taken off once inside shelter. Boots need to stay on and add to an outfit not take away like the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment